AR500 Armor® Level III Body Armor Specifications
Available in 10×12 and 6×8
AR500 Armor® steel plates offer edge-to-edge ballistic protection
Level III UHMWPE plates are certified in accordance to NIJ standard 0101.06, which mandates a minimum shot-to-edge distance of no greater than 51mm (2.0 inches).
AR500 Armor® Level III (Steel) Body Armor
Our Level III (Steel) body armor offers the most protection for your buck, and covers the most common threats one could encounter including nearly all Military & NATO calibers up to the threat level below:
- Independently tested and rated to NIJ 0101.06 standards to defeat six (6) rounds of 7.62×51 M80 NATO Ball from 51’ at 2,780 feet per second.
Our Level III steel body armor provides industry leading protection against “penetrator” rounds such as the 5.56 M855/SS109 – which are capable of defeating UHMWPE type level III body armor options.
AR500 Armor® Level III (UHMWPE) Body Armor
For when ounces are pounds and mobility is everything, AR500 Armor® Level III Polyethylene Body Armor weighs in at a mere 3.3lb’s per plate (10”x12”). NIJ 0101.06 certified, positive buoyancy, stand-alone, and multi-hit capable, our Polyethylene lightweight armor plate is a true contender for those who can sacrifice the inherit benefits of our steel core body armor to save weight
- NIJ 0101.06 Certified – Six (6) rounds of 7.62×51 M80 NATO Ball from 51’ at 2,780 feet per second.
- Special Threat tested to defeat 7.62×51 M80 Ball at 2,800 feet per second.
- Special Threat tested to defeat 5.56×45 M193 at 3,150 feet per second.
- Special Threat tested to defeat 7.62×39 AK 47 at 2,380 feet per second.