AR500 Armor® steel plates offer edge-to-edge ballistic protection
Available in 10×12 and 6×8
Level III UHMWPE plates are certified in accordance to NIJ standard 0101.06, which mandates a minimum shot-to-edge distance of no greater than 51mm (2.0 inches).
AR500 Armor® Level III+ (High Velocity Rifle) Body Armor
Our Level III+ body armor features an improved ultra-hard ballistic steel core, further enhancing performance over our level III line. With nearly 30% increased core strength, our level III+ is capable of defeating higher level rifle threats. Level III+ armor offers enhanced ballistic protection against following threats:
- Independently tested and rated to NIJ 0101.06 standards to defeat six (6) rounds of 7.62×51 M80 NATO Ball from 51’ at 2,780 feet per second.
- Special Threat tested to defeat 5.56 x45 M193 and 5.56×45 M855/SS109 (Penetrators) at 3,100 feet per second.
- Special Threat tested to defeat 7.62×51 M80 NATO Ball (non-AP) at 3,000 feet per second.
- DEA Certified to:
- .223 Remington Tactical Bonded Soft Point, 62 grain @ 2,600 +/- 50 fps
- 5.56 x 45mm M855 (Green Tip), 62 grain @ 3,100 +/- 50 fps
- 7.62 x 39mm Mild Steel Core, 123 grain @ 2,400 +/- 50 fps
- 7.62 x 51mm M80 Ball, 149 grain @ 2,750 +/- 50 fps
- .308 Winchester PSPB Core-Lokt Ultra Bonded, 150 grain @ 2,600 +/- 50 fps